Monday, February 2, 2009

bodyparts 48



pretending

i could pretend i can swim
backstrokes, butterfly
upriver
or going
with the stream
it wouldn't take much
to convice the crowd
everybody kicking
for their own struggle and dreams
who would see
below the surface
my life jacket
the risk i take
who would say
my strokes don't work
my pedaling
is useless
when we all follow
each other
in tight
formation
none of us needing
another weight
to carry
barely making it ourselves
i could pretend...

but i like floating more
looking
up
as far as up will reach
in weightless
solitude
aimlessly
reaching my shore

4 comments:

the walking man said...

Solitude, the key position for the best amiable floating. No weight from the wake of other swimmers to wash over me, to force me to kick harder so I do not drown while trying to find my place in the pack swimming...swimming without any aim or purpose but to save themselves for the sand of the opposite shore.

Few realize that in a group it still is incumbent on the individuals freedom of movement to ensure the same for others.

Float, float on to the tide,let it take me to the reef where I can navigate a way over in one huge rush riding atop the waves that drowned others as they desperately tried to save themselves in the tow of others efforts.

be said...

synched serendipity
i doubt there's anything better

it's been a long time since i thought of riding atop of waves to take me across the reef
thanx mark, you inspire me!

the walking man said...

;-} It is mutual Betty.

Anonymous said...

Betty,

Thanks for sending the pictures that could so well accompany my current blog on, I guess, proto-Runes?

I was kind of writing for effect.
But your photos almost rendered my thoughts as if they had been set into limestone.
Good work!
And hello.