Friday, September 21, 2007

bodyparts 40



desperatly trying
to figure out the puzzle
the pieces
and the whole
the connection of them all

how the swelling makes it harder
to figure out the space
how the holes they cover up
should be a part
of all this mess

i don't remember what i did when i was 5
no feelings, no emotions
no body to feel through
but she remembers me
she does never forget

in my dream the other night
she was knocking on my door
in a flooding light, all white
they were all standing outside
the wounded and the hurt

she was small
the girl who knocked
with a hole
straight through her chest
and a bleeding that i knew i couldn't stop

i took her in
i held her up
i was looking at her wounds
wondering how long
we can survive without a heart

still not knowing what to do
i did put her aside
, as i have always done
attending others
i imagined i could heal

i worked all night
wrapping bandaids
making room
turning my inside, upside down
for one more way to help

at the end i noticed her, still
lying where i put her down
i should at least have tried
to press my heart
inside that hole

i still don't remember
what we did when we were 5
i've been hiding it so well
all that bleeding
all that hurt

but she keeps knocking now and then
or shouting from within
making me slowly getting closer
with the puzzle
of my parts

No comments: