Sunday, September 30, 2007

bodyparts 42




too much again....
now im tired of being enough
fed up with silence
with emptyness
standing here capable
struggleing managing lifting myself
big and strong as always
sufficient enough

nobody taught me to be weak
to be taken care of
lifted on strong hands
and put down carefully
nobody told me to relax
carried my books or grocery bags
lifted the weight from my shoulders
nobody offered to stand by my side
when the wind blew cold
and the walls fell down

so if there is nothing in it for me
then why dont you all just shut up
im fed up with comments of loudness
with questions of justification
disrespect
glances on size
whispers in front
and behind my back
enough of the ignorance
the judging of what isnt me

now im building the fences
preparing defenses
deleting provocations
provoking your senses
if you want me to be close
if you need me and my noice
then you better give good reasons
for my love

then the circle is closed
when theres nobody here
to teach or to hold
to lift or to care
im the one standing
big and strong as always
capable and sufficient enough
getting rougher on my outside
to be smoother for myself
within

9 comments:

the walking man said...

Yes this is it. The statement of self sufficiency and if someone doesn't like you the way you are fuck them. You are strong enough to know thine own self. great work here Betty.

Peace

Love

mark

Echo said...

In this piece you are what I wish I could be. WOW

Anonymous said...

The sun is back!

Lisa said...

you look a little tired and i'm going in your direction. can i help you carry that bag?

be said...

im trying to be just enough for myself
understanding that there is no "too much"

i am seeing the sun, thanx ivan
n yes lisa, getting a bit tired of the carrying, u could take one of the bags n i would love a chat as we walk side by side

Lisa said...

I'll be looking forward to walking along on your journey.

One of your comments at mark's made me want to click on your bio and then go read your blog... I'm glad I did.

be said...

im glad u did too
soon i will have eons of time to wander through your writings as well

QueenT said...

Very nice B, I like how you express yourself. Wow, I can't wait to read more.

be said...

thanx Queen
nice to have you here